Welcome

Welcome to my blog.
Since I have taken A Wolf's Paradise offline in hopes of it going into publication, I will be changing the scope of my blog.

I am now going to try and provide a forum if you will, for all things writing. Friends that would like to throw out short-stories, interviews, reviews, etc, etc.

Let me know what you've got, I'm willing to help in any way that I can.

Cheers, Mates!

JRH

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chapter Two, Part Three


  Nodding back, the Sheriff rounded the corner on to Main Street where they saw quite a group of people looking in the direction of Collin’s Hardware Store.

  “Bunch of idiots, don’t they know a dangerous situation when they see one? I tell you Joey boy people just never cease to amaze me.”

  As they approached the crowd they got their first glimpse of what had gathered these people together like this.

  “Jesus,” said Joey, “would you look at the size of that thing, it’s got to be at least a 200 pounder Sheriff, and why’s it just staring at us like that?”

  “Damned if I know son, damned if I know,” whispered the Sheriff as he slowly pulled the Bronco over to the curb near the ever increasing crowd. They both got out of the Bronco at the same time, the Sheriff grabbing his rifle as he did so, carefully so as not to arouse the wolf‘s suspicion and send it into action, although he didn’t know why. There was no reason in hell that a wild animal such as this would even know what a gun was.

  The wolf just stared at them, almost as if he knew them, his jaws started to slowly move in just such a way as to make his black rubbery lips rise up in the corners.

  “What the hell is it doing Jon,” whispered Joey to the Sheriff, the fact that Joey had just called his boss by his first name, definitely meant he was scared.

  “Your guess is as good as mine junior, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t look like he’s trying to smile at us. It must be as crazy as a shit-house rat though, the way it’s just standing there and sort of taking us in like that.” 

Read on blogsters, it's about to get really interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment